Have you ever dreamed of taking on a challenge? Running the Kingfisher 8K or Swim for a Mile? Improve your strength or try a new workout class? No matter what your challenge is the Kingfisher Club is the perfect place to improve your physical and mental health. The Kingfisher Club offer everything you need to reach your goals and full potential. Setting yourself a challenge is a great way to step out of your comfort zone and develop professionally and mentally. Learn to push yourself this year and be proud of your results. If you’re in need of motivation, check out this list of some brilliant challenges to set your sights on for 2018. Best of luck!
Finish Your First Race
Want to tackle your first race but don’t know which to do, below are some of our top runs taking place this year.
NUI Galway 8K – This is a spectacular Run, Jog or Walk around the University Campus along the banks of the river Corrib. All funds raised from this event will go to Jigsaw Galway. Find out more here
1. Connemarathon, 22 April 2018 – Half, Full, Ultra Marathon: Expect some great scenery, a great atmosphere and some tough hills! Find out more here
2. Galway Bay Run, 10 July 2018: Run or walk Galway’s amazing 10K or Half Marathon route which takes in the longest seaside promenade in Europe. The course is great for new runners who want to avoid hills. Find out more here
3. VHI Women’s Mini Marathon 3 June 2018: For a more attainable challenge with a fantastic atmosphere, try the 10km Women’s Mini Marathon in Dublin, in aid of your favourite charity. Find out more here.
4. Waterford Viking Marathon 30 June 2018- Quarter, Half and Full Marathon: A new route will take in the two bridges of the city, Rice Bridge and Thomas Francis Meagher Bridge on the N25. Find out more here
5. SSE Airtricity Dublin Marathon 28 October 2018: The course is largely flat and is a single lap, starting and finishing close to the City Centre. Ideal marathon conditions! Find out more here.
Try a fitness class
Our Les Mills classes are the world’s most popular workouts!! Come try one of our classes today with a choice of BodyPump, BodyCombat, Sh’Bam, BodyBalance, RPM and GRIT. Our classes are sure to get your heart racing and body pumping. Checkout our NEW class timetable here Renmore | NUI Galway | Waterford or better still, download our app and book a class straight from your phone – Download now
Swim For A Mile
Swim Ireland’s Swim For A Mile is an initiative aiming to encourage people to get back into the pool and become confident life-long swimmers. So whether your just looking for something to push yourself further this year or want to challenge yourself to learn how to swim, Swim for a Mile is the perfect incentive to get you focused. Find out more
The Kingfisher Club offer everything you need to reach your goals and full potential. Setting yourself a challenge is a great way to step out of your comfort zone and develop professionally and mentally. Learn to push yourself this year and be proud of your results. It can be as easy or as difficult as you make it, so sweat according. Don’t focus on weight loss or dieting. Focus on goals that make you work on your strength, that make you feel beautiful from the inside out. Find out more
How tough are you?
Tough Mudder 21 & 22 July 2018 – Half, Full: Obstacles engineered to test your strength and tackle your fears. Find out more
No matter your age or fitness level, the Kingfisher Club is Galway’s leading Fitness Club for you and they will be determined to encourage and support you at every step of your challenge.
BE BRAVE. BE BOLD. BE YOU
Become a member today – NUI Galway 091 540300 | Renmore 091 773344 | Waterford 051 850300